What has SIAF done so far to engage the community:
- SIAF in association with other Indian Organisations in Edinburgh have engaged in charity funding for Covid 19 to support “The Trussell Trust” and “Edinburgh and Lothians Health Foundation”. This has been spearheaded by the Board of SIAF with the support of other Indian Organisations.
- SIAF joined hands with SABASH (Scottish Association of Bengali Arts and Sanskritik Heritage) to raise funds for “Super Cyclone Amphan” in the state of West Bengal, India.
- SIAF in association with SABASH (Scottish Association of Bengali Arts and Sanskritik Heritage) organised a “digital”/FB Live concert on Indian Classical Music with renowned “Harmonium Player”, Suvendu Banerjee (http://harmoniumsuvendu.com/), an ICCR (Indian Council for Cultural Relations) empanelled artist. This was very well received by the audience and it was also covered by an Indian National Newspaper
- SIAF have currently invested on licenced version of ZOOM.
- SIAF conducted “SIAF Digital BBQ” on 5th of July 2020 via ZOOM, we had 34 logins with an approximate audience of 100 plus, considering 3 persons per login. It was very well appreciated by the community. We organised “online Quiz” and “online Housie”. It was very engaging with the community with equal participation from the audience.
- SIAF is currently working with a professional artist group, Cosmic Dance (http://siafscotland.co.uk/event/nrityanjali-2020/) in organising a “dance competition” event called “Nrityanjali”, the grand finale of the event will be held on 25th July 2020.This will be an “online” event too via Zoom and live in FB and YouTube.
- SIAF is in discussion with Theiya Arts(https://theiya.org/) for online/digital performances later this year.